Aug 1, 2020

nearly lost

My Kindle Fire is soon to die. Last night, reading on it just fine. This morning:
My husband managed to restart it and it looks completely normal again, but I immediately transferred a copy of all the files onto my desktop for safekeeping. I have a hundred forty-five books on my e-reader. Most of them of course, I could locate and re-download from Project Gutenburg or the Internet Archive but that would be a pain. I always figured the downside of having books on an electronic device would be: if your device gets lost or broken, you've maybe lost all those books. Now this is looking me in the face. 

I'm expecting there will soon be a day I can't turn my e-reader on at all, and then I'll have to get a new device to transfer all the book files to. I've had my Kindle for eight and a half years- I think that's a pretty good lifespan. I really don't use it very often; if it was in constant use probably would have died on me a whole lot sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are screened due to spam.