Aug 7, 2020

songbirds panoramic

Did this 750-piece Hautman Brothers puzzle (produced by Buffalo Games). I really like the artwork and the colors are fantastic. Pieces are a little small and very standard cuts in a straight grid pattern, but there are a few odd ones with hook or zigzag-like shapes:
This puzzle is three feet long, nearly the length of my table (puzzle board is now white)
Detail of my favorite bird on it- the wren:
I've done this jigsaw once before, so made myself work the background first and the birds last, opposite of how I usually do a new puzzle. Had trouble filling in the blue/green background until I had the outlines of the birds done. Surprising how few pieces actually make the inside of the birds- the focal point of it all- 
Assembly sequence (click to view larger and scroll through- it's fun!)
I have another Hautman Brothers panoramic puzzle, of birds sitting in a row in winter scenery. Maybe I'll do that one next.

2 comments:

  1. These in-progress photographs are so satisfying. I love a long puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying to see them. I've got more! Been doing about one a week right now. Half a dozen to go before I run out and start re-puzzling.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.