Jul 27, 2008

a stack of books

gardening books
This is what happens when I go to the public library all by myself with a subject of interest in mind. A leisurely pause in front of the gardening shelf resulted in this pile coming home! (click on the picture if you want to read the titles) Most are general gardening books, a few are specific: there's two about weeds, one on creating gardens that attract butterflies, one on organic gardening and cooking, another about pretty groundcover plants. A few are novelistic, and the two spiral-bound volumes on top of the pile I was particularly delighted to find. They're compilations of tips from a local gardening publication, organized by season and full of charming illustrations that look like woodcuts from the 1800's.

So for a few weeks now I'm going to be reading mostly gardening books. But never fear! In between myriad books of other subjects and genres will be reviewed. I'm now going through my log of books read in 2004 and 2005. Lots of variety there. So you won't quite get bored silly by all the blab about plants and gardening (as my poor husband already is- although he likes to eat the fresh produce that comes out of our backyard dirt, no complaints there!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's interesting. We're not allowed to check out more than 4 books about a single non-fiction topic, at our library. Have fun reading! That's a lovely stack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The previous public library I used had a limit like that, too. I was worried they might here, when I kept picking up book after book off the shelf. Apparently not, I ran into no trouble at check-out!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.