Jul 5, 2008

Meme: Five Things

.
Well, I haven't done a meme for a while, so it's good that Susan who Can Never Have Too Many Books tagged me for this one!

What was I doing 10 years ago?

I can't remember. Do I really need to pull out my old journals? I think this was one of my years at junior college as an illustration student. Living in a dorm with five other girls. Was that really ten years ago? Ugh, I feel old now!

Five snacks I enjoy in a perfect, non weight-gaining world:

Chocolate! in any form!
Salted, roasted peanuts
Ice cream
Ruffled potato chips
Trail mix- the kind that has peanuts, cashews, m&m's and sugared raisins

Five snacks I enjoy in the real world:

Um, chocolate
Apples
Raisins
Cheese and crackers
Goldfish crackers (we have lots!)

Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:

Set aside for my daughter to go to college
Travel- Europe, Japan and Tasmania are top on the list
Pay off all our debt
Build all the cool inventions my husband thinks up but has no way to make
Give to a good cause- there's so many I'd have to do tons of research before choosing, so I can't really say who I'd donate to

Five jobs that I have had:

Assistant/cashier in a bakery
Forklift driver in a warehouse
Receptionist in a doctor's office (my dad's!)
In-home care for an elderly woman (cleaning and errands)
Recruiter at a blood bank- I'd call people and ask them to come back to donate again

Three of my habits:

Read every night in bed before sleeping
Pay my bills the old-fashioned way, stamps and envelopes!
Put away utensils, ingredients and kitchen tools during the cooking process after I use each one, so when I'm done, there's nothing left sitting out.

Five people I want to get to know better:

Bybee
Trish (of the Reading Nook)
Nymeth
Writer2b
Verbivore

If you care to participate, consider yourselves tagged!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag, Jeane. I hope I have the time to get to it soon. I love chocolate and ice cream as well. Probably too much for my own good :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7/07/2008

    This is a fun one, thanks for the tag.
    I love that you would fund your husband's inventions, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7/08/2008

    Thanks for the tag. I'll try and get to it before the week's out!

    You're an extremely neat cook. So am I with meals, but not with baking, which tends to be more of an extravaganza...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really really behind so I just browsed through this (saw that I was tagged so I'll definitely come back) but I couldn't wait a minute longer to yell--I went to Ricks, too! :) I was there for a year before I left to finish up at Texas A&M. Had a blast, just not for me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7/12/2008

    Okay, mine's up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for doing it, Jeane! And I enjoyed your answers, it was fun - you like chocolate too (I am always amazed when I meet people who DON"T like it. How can they live without it?) And you can come cook at my house any time! I'm afraid I make a mess, though I tidy up afterward (at least to piling them up in the sink.....) and I like ALL your snacks in the fat-free world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. alright--finally got mine up! I also pay many of my bills the old fashioned way, although I'm moving more towards the online bit when I can.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.