Jul 24, 2008

blog award!

Lezlie from Books n' Border Collies so kindly nominated me for the Brillante Weblog award yesterday! I was so surprised and pleased. I've been thinking all day who to pass the award on to:

books i done read- This blog is absolutely hilarious! If you've never been there, go now. I guarantee you'll be laughing in minutes. It's one of the few blogs where I actually read every single post, even if it's about a book of a genre I strongly avoid- her blunt, frank, to-the-point reviews are just like what I always think about books, but never have the gall to write.

Book Puddle- On days he's not reviewing a book (or film), Cipriano shares quotes from a wide range of bookish material. I always enjoy reading the quote of the day- usually accompanied by a photo or illustration as well. Refreshingly different. He also shares his own poetry, and it's quite good!

Chain-Reading
- I like this blog because the reviews are short and sweet. Sometimes so short they're posted as "four-word" reviews. When I'm tired and have over a hundred entries piled up in google reader, I always read the ones that keep things in a nutshell. Chain-Reading also uses vacillating font sizes, which makes things jump out at me. I like that. Oh, and there used to be some beautiful music there, too.

Maw Books- An awesome blog. I was already enjoying the thoughtful reviews and then she went and set up this staggering database of book blogs. Maw Books has my outspoken admiration for that. When I want to know what someone else thinks of a book I just finished, I head over and check out who's on her list. It's a great way to find new blogs, as well!

Things Mean a Lot- I always look forward to visiting this blog. Nymeth reviews a lot of fantasy books that really appeal to me- she's probably responsible for adding to my TBR pile more than most! And her blog is so pretty. I love the Rackham fairies.

Both Eyes Book Blog- I just recently discovered this blog. So far I've been enjoying every post. They're not too wordy, but always very thoughtful. And I have to say, I love the story behind the name of this blog!

Hooser's Blook- Lauren and Dana were among the first book bloggers to welcome me and comment when I first began book blogging. They've always got something interesting to say about books I've never heard of (more for the TBR!).

My book blogging friends, you are all so wonderful! I could have named (literally) dozens of other blogs. If you've been nominated here and want to pass the Brilliante along, here's the "rules": Put the logo on your blog. Add a link to the person who awarded you. Nominate at least seven other blogs. Add links to those blogs on your blog. Leave a message for your nominees on their blog.

Thanks again to Lezlie!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks so much Jeane!! You definitely deserve the nomination yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you! And so much congrats on your award as well! Oh, my shiny shiny ego.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for picking me, Jeane :) And I'm in such great company too. And congrats on the award! You more than deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jeane! I've been so busy that I have been ignoring my blog a bit lately. I'm glad you like the short reviews, because there may be a lot more on the way since I'm so behind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're most welcome! Here's to looking forward to much more reading of everyone's fun blogs!

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7/31/2008

    Thanks Jeane! I have to admit that I haven't updated the database for about two months now. I'm going to sit down one of these weekends and concentrate on it. Glad you use it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.