Feb 16, 2021

new shelves!

A while ago I said to my husband, why don't we put shelves behind the bed? where there's empty space between the headboard that leans back, and the air duct that juts out. I looked for a long time and couldn't find any ready-made bookcase that would fit at just 9" deep. So he finally built some for me:
I held things up, moved cords for the drill around, painted. Took us about two days. Then spent a few hours rearranging my library to make use of it! Which was the fun part. These are all TBR books. First row in:
and the rest:
(And it's only half-I have eight other shelves of TBR). Happily this got them all off the floor, and allowed me to rearrange the permanent books so none are double-stacked or horizontally wedged in. As you can see in before and after pics below, of another wall in my bedroom. The stack on the floor in the corner is mostly books I read since the pandemic started. I had no place left to shelve them into the permanent collection.
Now there's space and then some! It's so nice they all have a bit of breathing room too.

6 comments:

  1. Lucky you...I love sorting and re-sorting my books around the shelves because I discover forgotten treasures each and every time I do. Sadly enough, I don't even have room in the house to bring in any new shelves anymore. Looks nice, congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some lovely new shelves! And you're right, rearranging your books is always the fun part. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, those look incredible!! I am so impressed with you and your husband -- it's truly the dream to just have books right to hand as you lie in your lovely bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! The bookshelves turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what lovely bookshelves! It must be great to so easily see them all!

    --Thistle

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.