Dec 21, 2010

more for the list!

Reading The Dog Who Couldn't Stop Loving made me add all these books to my TBR list. Some were mentioned in the text, others I found combing through the endnotes and sources. It's only a fraction of the long list of titles he used. And this is only two-thirds of what I first jotted down- looking up other reviews online has helped me cull somewhat. They are mostly (but not all) about dogs. Have you read any of these books?

These all by Jeffrey Moussaief Masson:
Raising the Peaceable Kingdom 
The Pig Who Sang to the Moon
The Emperor's Embrace
The Face on Your Plate
Altruistic Armadillos Zenlike Zebras
The Cat Who Came in From the Cold


and these by other authors:
Animals and Why They Matter by Mary Midgley
Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs and Wear Cows by Melanie Joy
One Nation Under Dog by Michael Schaffer
New Perspectives on Our Lives with Companion Animals by Barbara Jones
The Lost Wolves of Japan by Brett Walker
Dingo Makes Us Human by DB Rose
Decade of the Wolf by Douglas Smith
Among Cannibals by Carl Lumholtz
The Dreaded Comparison: Human and Animal Slavery by Marjorie Spiegel
King: a Street Story by John Berger
The Dingo in Australia and Asia by Laurie Corbett
If Dogs Could Talk by Vilmos Csanyi
The Pit Bull Placebo by Karen Delise
When Dogs Run Wild by Christine Gentry
Bandit: Dossier of a Dangerous Dog by Vicki Hearne
The Inside of a Dog by Alexandra Horowitz
If You Tame Me by Leslie Irvine
Planet of the Blind by Stephen Kuusisto
Dog (Animal) by Susan McHugh
Adventures with Ari by Kathryn Miles
Dog Man by Martha Sherrill
Bear Attacks by Stephen Herrero
Reading Zoos by Randy Malamud

2 comments:

  1. It's always fun when you find a book that gives you lots more ideas for what you want to read next! Though with me it tends to be books about books -- I develop an impossibly long list of books I need to read in order to be well-read, and then I have to spend some time winnowing it down. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when a book makes me add more books to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.