Jan 24, 2011

Most of My Patients are Animals

by Robert Miller

I remember this one as a fun, entertaining read that also can tug at your heart. And you know me, how much I like stories of veterinarian work. Miller writes about his work both with household pets, livestock (mostly cows and horses) and also exotic animals- chimpanzees, elephants, lions, even a hummingbird. It's actually been a long time since I read Most of My Patients are Animals and now thinking about it I kind of wish I could come across a copy to read again- my library doesn't have this book. I can't recall any of the stories in particular, but I do know I liked reading them, enough to keep my eyes out to find this book again someday. Anyone else read it?

I found an article here that explains why Miller's book was titled Most of my Patients are Animals (as opposed to all).

Rating: 3/5 ....... ? pages, 1996

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read that one, but if you like veterinarian stories, I'd recommend "Tell Me Where it Hurts" by Nick Trout, who's an animal surgeon. Quite good. And it only made me cry a little. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read any other vet-type stories apart from James Herriot -- I read those so young and so often, I think nothing else will ever measure up. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. O yes! I've read (and own) both Tell Me Where it Hurts and all the James Herriot books. They're great. Nothing ever measures up to Herriot, though.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.