Mar 6, 2010

Non-Fiction Five

Um, I thought I had enough challenges for the year already (and I'm making pretty slow progress on them, because I keep coming across books that aren't on my lists!) but I'm joining Trish's Non-Fiction Five Challenge again. (I love her new buttons!)
The goal is to read five non-fiction books between may and september, one of which (at least) is of a different subject than the others. I've dug through my book stacks and come up with these to choose from (trying to avoid the animal books for once):

Awakenings by Oliver Sacks
Fatu-Hiva Back to Nature by Thor Heyerdahl
Enrique's Journey by Sonia Nazario
Going to Extremes by Joe McGinnis
Stewing in the Melting Pot by Robert Sanabria
The San Francisco Earthquake by Gordon Thomas
The Quiet Room by Lori Schiller
Other People's Dirt by Louise Rafkin
Mortal Lessons by Selzer
The Island of the Colorblind by Oliver Sacks
High School Confidential by Jeremy Iversen
Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing
Alone: the Man Who Braved the Vast Pacific and Won by Gerard D'Aboville

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the challenge! It should be no problem for you, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL-you are one of the non-fiction Queens. :) I'm glad you're joining--I've been away from the blogging world and was afraid people were burned out on challenges.

    And I can't take credit for the buttons, but glad you like them.

    Yippee! Thanks for joining Jeane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't resist adding this one either --have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.