Jun 21, 2018

Betrayers

Poems on self-love and spiritual blackmail, vol 5
by Angie Outis

I didn't realize there was a fifth book out in this poetry series, until it came into my hands. It wraps up the story of what the author went through leaving her husband and filing for divorce. Seeking family help, which wasn't there. Finding cold shoulders and blame, instead of helping hands. Telling the kids, fielding their tears and confusion. Desperately packing the car and moving out when her spouse wasn't home. Scrambling for options. Mourning loss, recovering from fear. Her children gradually realizing what it all meant, expressing some of their own fears. Her awkwardness around men, in raw, new situation as a single woman...  And I thought when closing the book: so few pages, to hold so much pain. I hope she's in a better place now.

I received a copy of this book from the author.

Rating: 3/5         44 pages, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are screened due to spam.