Sep 4, 2007

Meme: Multiples

Do you have multiple copies of any of your books? If so, why? Absent-mindedness? You love them that much? First Editions for the shelf, but paperbacks to read? If not, why not? Not enough space? Not enough money? Too sensible to do something so foolish?

The only reason I ever have multiples of a book is if I went browsing in a bookstore and forgot I already own it, or somebody bought me a copy as a gift and didn't know I had it. I consider space on my shelves too precious to waste on extra copies. That's also why I try and buy only hardbound books, so they last longer! Occasionally I have found a beautiful copy so much nicer than the one I already owned that I bought it to replace my original. Then the duplicate copy gets donated to someone else who needs a good book to read! I'm not a lending library, so I just don't see the sense in having duplicate copies, when someone else could own the other one.

From Booking Through Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are screened due to spam.