Mar 22, 2013

Secrets of the Nest

by Joan Dunning

This is a beautiful book. I stumbled across it browsing library shelves once, and now it's one I dream to own someday. The exquisite illustrations drew me in, but the writing is just as fantastic. It's all about the different types of nests birds build: how they do it, where they make them, how they raise and defend their young. You learn a lot more about birds and their habits than just their nests in the course of the book, but it all revolves around their homes. I found it fascinating and delightful. A wonderful book that any nature-lover would treasure.

Rating: 5/5 ........ 198 pages, 1994

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I bet I would love this book too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That sounds like one I'd really love too! Onto the wishlist it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, we were just talking about cardinals today, and how long they take to nest and hatch. We had a cardinal in our hedge. So my daughter looked it up. This book would be perfect though. Thanks so much for reviewing this, Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.