Dec 31, 2010

some things

I've changed my plans a bit for starting off 2011's reading. I was going to do James' TBR Dare all the way thru April, but then realized I've really been wanting to read all the pregnancy/childbirth books off my TBR list. And if I wait until April to read them, there's only a month left before my baby's due. So... I've decided to take the Dare solidly for the month of January, and after that mix in the pregnancy books. I've a list ready- quite a few from browsing my library's collection online (since I've discovered the best books are never actually on the shelves, but in someone's hand!) Here's the titles I have lined up to start reading in Feb:

The Birth of Love by Joanna Kavenna
Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy
The Midwife by Jennifer Worth
The Birth House by Ami McKay
The Immaculate Deception by Suzanne Arms
What I Though I Knew by Alice Cohen
Birth Day by Mark Sloan
Homebirth in the Hospital by Stacy Marie Kerr
Great with Child by Debra Rienstra
Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin

On a completely different note, I've been dissatisfied lately with the appearance of my blog and fiddling around with different designs. So don't be surprised if it changes every time you visit for a while, until I find the right look!

Oh, and Happy New Year everybody!

4 comments:

  1. I completely missed that you were pregnant, Jeane! Congratulations! There seem to be a bunch of us who will be having babies the first half of 2011.

    Your list of books to read in February sound good. Several are ones I would like to read eventually.

    Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I also missed that you were pregnant! Congrats, Jeane!

    I've read The Birth House and enjoyed it. The Birth of Love is on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and Happy New Year, Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of the other books, but I think you might appreciate The Birth of Love a bit more after you've had your baby. It is a wonderful book, but you might find the others more useful and I think the emotions of Birth of Love will make a lot more sense once you have a little baby in your arms. Good luck with the last few months. I hope 2011 is a wonderful year for you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.