May 27, 2010

Meme: Bedside

from Booking Through Thursday
What books do you have next to your bed right now? How about other places in the house? What are you reading?

It's easiest just to show you a picture. My bedside table is a bookshelf, so right now it's full of books I'm hoping to read for challenges this year (progress middling so far). The ones on the top are what remains from my last library haul, with my current read Chasing Kangaroos, on top. (The other three are The Wild Trees, The Natural History of Unicorns and The Life of the Skies).

Across the room is another full bookcase that holds the rest of my TBR books. I have a goal to get enough read or discarded (the ones I end up not liking) so that my TBR books just fit in the bedside shelves, but I don't know how realistic that is!

As for the rest of the house, The Arrival is still sitting on the couch, because my husband just finished reading it to my daughter, and she's still enjoying looking at the pictures now and again. And then, of course, there's the wall of shelves that holds my permanent collection, which I've shown in pictures before, although it's been rearranged since and looks a bit different now. It was fun to look at those older pictures of my bedside shelf and realize I have gone through a third, at least, of the books that used to sit there. They do shuffle in and out. So I guess that's some progress!

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/27/2010

    I always love seeing pictures of people's stacks and shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - I am jealous - yours is so neat - mine does not look like that and now I am ashamed to post a picture, but I'll try and take one tonight.

    Great job on making progress with the books - I can't seem to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little bedside bookshelf is gorgeous. I need to acquire something like that! I would like to have my TBR stuff a little more separated out; it's hard for me to tell what I have and haven't read right now. Maybe that's a good thing. If I knew how much was unread, I might panic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your bedside table/bookshelf! That's exactly what I want for next to my bed, only maybe taller, with one extra shelf on it. Three shelves on the bedside table would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No bedside table for me but I do have one book under my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Crystal: other people's bookshelves always look so much neater than mine!

    This was a fun tour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gee, it all looks so neat! Every couple of months I go on a book-arranging frenzing and my shelves do look semi-neat...not that it lasts...

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I echo what everyone else said - it's very neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carolsnotebook- me, too!

    Crystal- don't be ashamed. Most days my books look more cluttered.

    Melanie- Well, thanks! I have my TBR well counted. Sometimes it scares me, how many they are.

    Jenny- I thought of putting one there with three shelves, but then it would be a bit too tall for reading comfort with the lamp higher.

    Pussreboots- I used to keep books under the bed, but this one sits flat on the floor (no frame yet, still!)

    Janet- Well, they're not always so tidy. I did pick up a bit of clutter atop there before I took the picture. Is that cheating?

    Jenn- I don't rearrange mine nearly so often, probably twice a year at best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm afraid of dedicating a bookcase to my TBR stack, though my TBR stack could certainly fill one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bookshelves look so nice and neat and organized--it's soothing just looking at them :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I was going to mention how organized you are and it seems everyone else noted your tidiness. Love, love the photos. Isn't it great to have so many books that you can just pick up off your shelves?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to reorganize my shelves, especially now that I'm culling my collection. I started with my permanent collection and have moved on to my TBR room, which is where I keep all of my unread books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're very organised! I wish I've some room for the bookshelves in my room! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.