Jul 8, 2014

more TBR

Most of the new-to-me titles this time have come from other books I've read, or films I've seen, or from browsing around online.
The Book of Weeds by Ken Thompson
The Bees by Laline Paull- Kyusi Reader and Opinions of a Wolf
My Accidental Jihad by Krista Bremer- Caroline Bookbinder
We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler
Evergreen by Rebecca Rasmussen- The Lost Entwife
Desert Flower by Waris Dirie- watched the film
Do We Need Pandas? by Ken Thompson
The Rent Collector by Cameron Wright from It's All About Books and Bookfool
No Nettles Required by Ken Thompson
In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson- Love, Laughter, Touch of Insanity
Jabberwocky by Daniel Coleman- It's All About Books
An Ear to the Ground by Ken Thompson
Bevis, the Story of a Boy by Richard Jeffries
Wood-Magic: A Fable by Richard Jeffries
The Path Through the Trees by Christopher Milne
The Hollow on the Hill by Christopher Milne
The Martyrdom of Man by William Winwood Reade

3 comments:

  1. Oh good! I hope you enjoy In a Sunburned Country! And I don't think I ever answered your question about A Walk in the Woods (sadly responding to comments is one of the things that's had to go lately...wahhhh). My bookclub found it terribly boring and not funny. I think they would have enjoyed it a little more going in with different expectations. One member couldn't understand why anyone would ever be interested in reading about someone's experiences hiking the AT. Oh well. ;)

    So many Christopher Milne books! You have me curious after reading your post about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how people would find that book dry? especially if they're not into hiking or outdoorsy stuff. There were enough chuckles in it to keep me happy.

    I'm curious too- to read more about his life! Especially the period when he ran a bookshop- that's in the second volume of the trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard Karen Joy Fowler book is pretty good. I meant to put it on my own TBR list but seem to have forgotten so thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.