Feb 13, 2013

Love Song for a Baby

by Marion Dane Bauer
illustrated by Dan Andreasen

This is again, one of those books my toddler and I disagree on. I like the concept and the pictures are just beautiful. My little girl does like all the images of darling little babies, but she gets impatient with the text, turns the pages too fast and never lets me finish reading it. So after just two attempts, it's going back to the library.

It's a lovely little book of verse, a parent describing to their child how the baby arrived and how much they loved him right from the start. The words tell of little things babies do, attributes they have, tender care the parents give, all reiterating the unconditional love. Through the pictures you see the baby gradually getting older until in the last one he appears to be a year old, walking on his own, looking proud of himself and very charming. I just can't say enough how much I love the rich paintings, but as my kid simply won't sit through the book and we're returning it without once having made it all the way through, it ends up getting a low rating here.

Rating: 2/5 ........ 32 pages, 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are screened due to spam.