Dec 18, 2012

Thumper Counts to Ten

by Kitty Richards

Cute little counting book full of adorable furry bunnies and other forest animal friends. The details of the background foliage, flowers and textures of grass, pebbles, water ripples etc really make it lovely. What is a very simple concept ends up being a book full of detailed pictures that give the young reader a lot to look at beyond just counting how many butterflies or ducklings are on the page. I'm not terribly fond of books that capitalize on popular films or tv characters, but this one has a nice quality that readily overcomes my reluctance to appreciate it.

Rating: 4/5 ........ 16  pages, 2007

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, I love Thumper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been one of my little Guy's favorite books. He learned how to point as I counted and at 19 months he's counting up to eight and nine.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.