Mar 23, 2009

mailbox monday

Two books came to me this week, both from Book Mooch (maybe I should make Mailbox Mondays a biweekly event, that might be more exciting). I found a new copy of Kon-Tiki to replace my old stinky one (the one I read was actually a borrow paperback copy), and got another book Heyerdahl wrote about his experiences living on the Polynesian Islands before he made his famous raft trip, Fatu-Hiva: Back to Nature. I'm really eager to read this one!

Visit The Printed Page to see what came in everyone else's mailbox!

* Update at 5:30 pm: I just got one more, by the same author! The Ra Expeditions, in which Heyerdahl attempted to sail from Egypt to Easter Island on a raft made out of reeds. More adventures on the seas.

6 comments:

  1. Great to get a book you are looking forward to so eagerly. Happy reading.


    My mailbox is Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got some great books!! Enjoy your reading.

    Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, you managed to get a copy of The Ra Expeditions! Excellent. I know I really enjoyed all of the books I read by him. For some reason he was recommended reading for teens back in my day (1960s)... along with Gerald Durrell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this author or these books. Hope you enjoy them!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought Kon-Tiki this weekend on your say-so. Looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.