Jan 19, 2012

NFL Big & Small

A Book of Opposites 
by DK Publishing

This is my husband's favorite board book in the house.  NFL Big and Small features football players in various poses to demonstrate opposites such as big and small, over and under, up and down. The page for happy and sad shows the painted faces of fans. Not all the spreads have famous figures; off and on features a scoreboard, empty and full a box of players' gear. Of course, hubby likes the book because his team is in here (the Niners) and I like it for the bright, bold colors and clear illustrations of the word concepts. I think my kid likes the faces, especially the one where a player is sitting on his rear laughing with his tongue sticking out! The initial big and small page is cute, too- it shows a large beefy football player standing next to a toddler in a football shirt. I can't tell you who the famous faces are in this book; I'm pretty clueless when it comes to sports, but the fan in our house loves it, and so does the child!

rating: 4/5 ........ 24 pages, 1999

3 comments:

  1. This looks cute! I'm glad your kids liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks cute, a perfect one for dads to share with their kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!!! My brother-in-law would love this one! Will keep in mind if he has any more kiddos.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.