Sep 14, 2010

life happens

I feel like making excuses today. Not that it's useful, and if you think it lame, go ahead and skip over this post. But it makes me feel better, for some reason! My presence on the blogging scene has been waning here, lately. So much else has been going on in my life. My daughter just started her first week of kindergarten, and I'm still getting used to the change in schedule. My husband has been facing the possibility of a strike at work for the past few weeks, and we've been very worried about that (but thankfully found out last night it's not going to occur, they reached an agreement. I'm so glad!) My garden has been going through a transition from summer into fall, so I'm busy cleaning up dead plants and putting in new ones. And I just found out I'm now expecting my second child!

So all in all, I've been rather preoccupied. The original goal I had here of posting about a book every day, whether a new one I've finished or an old one I read in the past, has been sliding. I've just been keeping up with currently read books lately, and although I do have over a hundred blogs in my reader and look at all your posts every day, sadly I haven't been commenting much. It's just so hard to keep up with it all. I haven't even felt the energy to really take part in BBAW, although I'm enjoying following along with the excitement from the sidelines, as it were. But I'm still here! Still reading! Just a bit too busy to write much. As school gets settled in, the garden goes to sleep for the winter, and I get used to the idea of two kids, I'll be back in full blogging force. And then you'll get tired of me yapping here all the time about books in sundry.

16 comments:

  1. Jeane, oh my gosh! Congratulations!!! What exciting news! *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats - that is really exciting news!! I've been feeling a bit behind and tired with all the blogging stuff lately too. BBAW is helping re-energize me a bit, but it's hard to make everything fit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congrats to you! But a Kindergartner and a baby on the way would definitely wear me out. I have been feeling sluggish lately, and having a hard time writing my reviews, but I don't have an excuse, except for a crazy back-to-school schedule. (Did you know Wendy from Musings of a Bookish Kitty is pregnant too?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Just post when you feel like it and save your energy for growing gardens and baby! We'll still be here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Jeane!!!! Congratulations :D *hugs* But you know what? You make all the excuses you want to make because you deserve to kick your feet up for as long as you want!! That's so much stress! Some good stuff, and some really stressful stuff, yes, but it's all still stress. Try to relax when you can! I'm smiling over here for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You've been busy and slowing down a bit is not a bad thing at all and I don't think you are making excuses at all. Take care and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeane, congratulations on the new baby!! And don't worry if you need to take a break for a little while. Sometimes you just need a break. I hope that everything works out and that you get some much needed down time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :D Oh Jeane, I'm so thrilled for you and your family!!!! Congratulations!! And goodness, don't you dare give another thought about not posting every day! You're not making excuses--you're living your life!!! And a busy one, at that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Jeane! I'm so thrilled for you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your pregnancy! What wonderful news!

    I understand about the possible strike - we've lived through that before. I'm glad they were able to resolve things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy for you and your family! When's your due date?

    Take all of the time you need. :) I always felt guilty when I had to take blogging breaks, but eventually enough bloggers reassured me that it doesn't really matter that much in the grand scheme of things. You know? We're here when you have the time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Congratulations to you and your family on being pregnant. I hope its going well and your not too sick (I was bed ridden for 8 weeks).

    I think the blog is one of the first things you drop when your life and schedule changes. I know it did for me and I am only slowly geting back into it.

    I am also predominantly a lurker at the moment. I read posts but only occasionally comment when I can.

    Take it easy and we will be here when you come back :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...that's a lot of stuff going on all at once! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats!! Exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! I just announced my pregnancy, and Bybee mentioned you were pregnant too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.