Sep 17, 2010

challenge complete!

Yesterday I finished the What An Animal III Reading Challenge, hosted at Socrates' Book Review Blog. It might seem like something too easy for me, the reader of animal books, to take on a challenge about reading animal books! But I try to stretch myself a bit and have fun here by reading new subjects: animals I never read a whole book about them before. Hm. That sentence is kinda awkward. But I'm tired. Well! I read about kangaroos, insects and sundry small critters, deer in the woods, oceanic turtles, rats in New York City and squirrels plus other wildlife in someone's backyard. The titles (with links to my reviews) were:

Chasing Kangaroos by Tim Flannery
For Love of Insects by Thomas Eisner
The Hidden Life of Deer by Elizabeth Thomas Marshall
Voyage of the Turtle by Carl Safina
Suburban Safari by Hannah Holmes
Rats: Observations on the History and Habitat of the City's Most Unwanted Inhabitants by Robert Sullivan

Voyage of the Turtle and For Love of Insects were the best two, by far.

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jeane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Jeane! I will definitely be hosting this again next year!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.