Mar 24, 2014

book list

because even though I am not finding much time to read (hence the silence lately), I somehow still manage to add plenty of books to my ongoing TBR list
Chaser by John Pilley- Across the Page
You Don't Look Like Anyone I Know by Heather Sellers- Caroline Bookbinder
Going Gray by Anne Kramer- Bermudaonion's Weblog
Call of the Mild by Lily Raf McCaulou- found browsing library catalog
Eating Aliens by Jackson Landers- ditto
One Good Dog by Susan Wilson
Saving Gracie by Carol Bradley
A Small Furry Prayer by Steven Kotler
A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen
Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores by Jen Campbell- Caroline Bookbinder
Breathing for a Living by Laura Rothenburg- Shannon's Book Bag
Breasts: A Natural and Unnatural History by Florence Williams- Things Mean a Lot

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have time to read soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like many excellent books! My sister and mother both read You Don't Look Like Anyone I Know and liked it a lot, so I'll be interested to hear eventually what you think of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how we can find time to want books and gather lists about them, even when we can't find the time to read, isn't it? I hope your reading times get resolved :-)

    I'd like to try reading that Going Gray book. I'm in the process of going gray, and it's interesting some of the reactions I've gotten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bermudaonion- Me, too. I'm trying to fit it in, but life gets too busy sometimes!

    Jenny- It does sound fascinating. One I hope to get to sooner rather than later.

    Susan- Astonishing, really. I don't know how I do it! Especially since I haven't been reading many other blogs lately, either. I've had a few gray hairs since I turned thirty, so was a bit interested in the Going Gray book (can't die my hair myself, I'm allergic it seems).

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are some natural dyes out there if you want to dye your hair - I think Clairol puts one out that I used for many years. I'm 50 and my skin tone is changing so no dyed colour looks right with my face now. I also have some cool streaks of almost white appearing, so I thought, why not? I quite like the gray, though I still get shocked when I see pictures of myself. It's a lot of gray!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't really feel a need to dye it yet, not sure if I ever will. But if I do try again I'll probably have it professionally done and certainly try a different product!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.