Jul 18, 2013

more new-to-me titles

found via the fellow bloggers listed below
Primates by Jim Ottaviani and Maris Wicks- Things Mean a Lot
The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout- Shelf Love
Confessions of a Sociopath by ME Thomas- Estella's Revenge
Paleofantasy by Marlene Zuk- Things Mean a Lot
Mortality by Christopher Hitchens- Farm Lane Books Blog
Bird by Rita Murphy- Stuff as Dreams are Made On
The Blueberry Years by Jim Minick- Sophisticated Dorkiness
My Animals and Other Family by Clare Balding- Read Warbler
A Place Called Wiregrass by Michael Morris- You've Gotta Read This!
Slammerkin by Emma Donohue- Reading the End
The Lucy Variations by Sara Zarr- It's All About Books and Reading the End
Buddy by Brian McGrory from Maggie Reads
The Journal of Best Practices by David Finch- Caroline Bookbinder
Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Dicks- Farm Lane Books Blog
The War at Ellsmere by Erin Faith Hicks- You've Gotta Read This!
Dandelion Hunter by Rebecca Lerner- Bookwyrme's Lair
In Great Waters by Kit Whitfield- Reading the End
Parrotfish by Ellen Wittlinger- Stuff as Dreams are Made On
The Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls by Anton Disclafani
Soonchild by Russell Hoban- Things Mean a Lot
The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker- Indextrious Reader
A Zeal of Zebras by Whoop Studios- Carol's Notebook
The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco- Bookpuddle
The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate- Kyusi Reader
books not available in my library system:
The Pill by Bernard Asbell- Reading the End
Unmastered by Katherine Angel- Things Mean a Lot
The Summer Girls by Mary Alice Monroe- Bermudaonion's Weblog
Speed of Dark by Elizabeth Moon- Farm Lane Books Blog
In the Garden of Stone by Susan Tekulve
The Twin by Gerbrand Bakker- Iris on Books
Saved by Ben Hewitt- Cold Antler Farm
Jewleweed by David Rhodes- The Lost Entwife
Mark of the Grizzly by Scott McMillion- Ardent Reader
these found while browsing said library system:
The Lucky Ones by Jenny Brown
My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell

4 comments:

  1. I really want to read The Sociopath Next Door because I really think there's one across the street from us. I hope you get the chance to read The Summer Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I'm totally failing to adjust to my new blog name. I kept seeing the names of books I've reviewed recently and thinking, What? Someone ELSE told you to read those? :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Speed of Dark is amazing, in that it does capture what it means to be autistic. I read it a couple of years ago, and it made my best books of the year. I think of it often now, it's one of those books that lingers. I hope you enjoy it. ]

    What an amazing pile of books you've heard about from other bloggers! I'm afraid to do the list :-) though it would be interesting to see what I've gotten from reading blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bermudaonion- That would be frightening! Maybe the book would put your mind at rest and convince you that your neighbor isn't one.

    Jenny- I keep forgetting who you are when I see your new blog title in my reader list!

    Susan- I hope to read it, although it probably won't be soon. I like making these lists. It used to feel daunting but now I just like to remind myself that there's never going to run out of books I want to read!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.