Jul 7, 2012

What Is Green?

a colors book
by Kate Endle

Lovely little colors book that has double-page spreads featuring familiar objects of each hue. Orange has a fox, pumpkin, carrot etc. Green a leaf, frog, lime slice, and so on. The pictures are made from little cut paper collages, with stripes on the page margins of more patterns in the same color. They're cute little figures. What really caught my eye though, was the matching book of animals I saw on the feature page on Amazon. Reviewers say the animal book has beautiful illustrations, so I'd like to see that one too but of course must just take my chances at the library.

Rating: 3/5 ........ 10 pages, 2010

more opinions:
What Adrienne Thinks About That

2 comments:

  1. I have so so so been meaning to take Elle to the library to discover new books. I've been on the search for feely type books but haven't found any that I love yet.

    Have to admit that I'm also drawn to the animal books rather than basic colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah- I'm afraid I was unclear about that. It doesn't have any tactile areas, just visual textures made by patterns. Still a lovely book, though!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.