Jun 19, 2012

Daddy Kisses

by Anne Gutman

A sweet little board book we've had on loan from the library for some time and I figured I'd better write about it before we take it back. Each spread shows an animal nuzzling its young with a phrase describing it: Daddy wolf gives his pup a kiss on the nose then Daddy rabbit gives his bunny a kiss on the ear, and so on. Of course the book is a perfect invitation to kiss your baby on different parts of her body, while naming them, and at the last page My daddy kisses me all over, like this you have an excuse to smother your little one with kisses and get an explosion of giggles (or squirming to get away, ha ha!) The illustrations are soft and simple, and it's short which is always good for brief attention spans.

There's a companion book called Mommy Hugs which I've seen a few times at our library as well.

rating: 3/5 ....... 14 pages, 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are screened due to spam.