Feb 9, 2010

snowed in

Well, I have actually been reading quite a bit lately (about houseplants and wildlife orphanages!) but not getting a lot of computer time to post. My husband is on his third snow day off work, and we're all enjoying being holed up here. Thought I'd share a few photos of what it looks like outside my door. Thirty inches! (I took my yardstick out the first day after the storm). It took me an hour to shovel a path from our door to the car, and another two to get the driveway clear (which would have been impossible if a friendly neighbor who owns a snowblower hadn't helped me out. The snowplow literally made a wall between my driveway and the street!) My daughter loves the snow, and apparently so does my cat! (Those photos were taken after I brushed the first twenty-five inches off the top of my car, while it was still snowing. My sister told me a story about too much snow busting the windshield of her car during the last big snowstorm some years ago, and I didn't want that to happen to me! Probably not likely, but you never know!)

Hope everyone else is safe and cozy as well. I'm off to read more about green thumbs and lions.





The snowmen were made last week (when we just had a few inches). Here's what they look like now!

14 comments:

  1. You poor people. And I saw another one is headed your way as well. I got my snow fix when we went to Indiana for Christmas. I am now perfectly happy to enjoy Florida, even if we are getting very cold weather and lots of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of snow! While you're getting snow, we're getting rain - lots of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we're supposed to get another ten inches tonight! Actually made it to the grocery store yesterday to stock up for another day or two housebound; everyone was out shopping and the supermarket shelves barren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your snowmen! Poor little guys - they deserved a better fate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I just can't even fathom that much snow! Looks fun and cozy though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...that is a lot of snow. Hope you get to stay inside and enjoy it.

    We are in for some starting tomorrow morning; possibly 5-6" but that is doable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2/09/2010

    Thanks for sharing the great pictures. It's snowing again here. I'm hoping for a day off tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...to be snowed in with books is a fantasy of mine (alas, Viggo Mortensen is actually holding the books in this particular fantasy, LOL).
    I'm jealous!
    We are getting a ton of rain and I'm pretending to be rained in just to keep cozy with books.
    Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of snow while those of us further north have had little this year. I have just probably jinxed that and we will have a major dump LOL Maybe we should be lending our snowplows to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's a lot of snow! Stay safe and warm! Thanks for sharing the pics, Jeane!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pictures are great... I can't get over the snowmen!

    Enjoy your snowed in days and stay warm.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks the same outside my window too! Gotta love the 3rd snow day in a row too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That's a good cover! I like snow, but I'm glad we don't have quite that much.

    Thanks for the reviews too! I have been reading them, I just don't comment on each one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the snowmen...the snow in d.c. has been crazy this year.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.