Dec 18, 2009

Raccoons

by Samuel Zeveloff

I didn't finish this one. I picked it up at a library sale some weeks ago. It has all kinds of data about raccoons and their closest relatives, the coatis, kinkajous and olingos. Everything from their evolutionary origins and current distribution to their habits and diet, threats from humans and management issues. It's a very informative book, well-organized and clearly written, but just not very interesting to me right now. A bit dull. If I wanted to write a report on raccoons, this would be fantastic, but as I'm reading for enjoyment as well as to satisfy curiosity, I feel differently. Even in my nonfiction reading, I like something with a bit more flair, rather than just dry statements of facts. Moving on!

Abandoned ......... 200 pages, 2002

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/18/2009

    Sounds boring.

    I have an award for you, though.

    http://carolsnotebook.wordpress.com/2009/12/18/award/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you - I want a little flair too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.