Jul 23, 2010

friday finds


Friday Finds is a meme from Should be Reading. So here are more and more books I want to read someday! Follow the link to the post that made me put it on my list, to learn more about each title.

Bonobo Handshake by Vanessa Woods- love and research among bonobos (apes related to chimpanzees)- from a list on At Home with Books
Last Dog on the Hill by Steve Duno- story of an amazing rescued dog- also from At Home with Books
The Local News by Miriam Girshow- everything changes when Lydia's brother disappears, from Book Addiction
The Miraculous Journey Edward Tulane
- adventures of a toy china rabbit, via Across the Page
Book Finds by Ian Ellis- on the finding and valuing of rare books
The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
by Alexander McCall Smith- lady detective finding missing persons and such in Botswana, thanks to Caroline Bookbinder
Fauna by Alissa York- fiction about an urban sanctuary for wildlife in an auto wrecking yard, seen on Cipriano's Bookpuddle; he wants to read it too!
The Colour by Rose Tremain- gold rush in New Zealand, read about on The Lost Entwife
and three more I just added this morning:
The Girl who Could Fly by Vioctoria Forester- YA fantasy, read about on Beyond Books
Bellwether by Connie Willis - I need to read more by this author! recommended by Bookfool
Seaworthy by Linda Greenlaw - via The Black Sheep Dances

phew! can you tell why my TBR grows faster than I can read? ha ha

10 comments:

  1. They all look good! I'm hoping to read The Local News soon myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Local News has been on my list for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some fun stuff, there! At least 2 of those are already on my wish list, but everything else looks interesting, too. You're going to make my wish list much worse, I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you're in for a treat with Edward Tulane!! It's such a good book! And I'm off to check out Fauna now...sounds really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some great variety here!

    You're inspiring me to start keeping track of my own "finds." I see so many great reviews, but without writing them down I forget.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been interested in The Local News, too. I think I'm just really fascinated by the news aspect to the story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great stuff there! I do hope you read the Willis book, as she is a particular favorite of mine. Her Doomsday Book was just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw this post - I'm hoping to track down a copy of Bonobo Handshake soon. Hope you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the link and I am very touched to hear my review made you interested in The Girl Who Could Fly. It was such a wonderful book and the best part is that it surprised me by being a wonderful book!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are screened due to spam.